Turgay Ayer is an Assistant Professor in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He received a BS in Industrial Engineering from Sabanci University in Istanbul, Turkey and his MS and PhD degrees in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Dr. Ayer conducts research on stochastic modeling and optimization, with applications in medical decision making, health policy, healthcare operations, service operations, and public policy.
Honors & Awards
- First-Place, Doing Good with Good OR Competition, INFORMS 2011
- Seth Bonder Scholarship for Applied Operations Research in Health Services, INFORMS 2010
- First-Place, Interactive Session Competition, INFORMS 2009
- Lee B. Lusted Award, Society of Medical Decision Making 2009
- Outstanding Presentation Award, Radiological Society of North America 2008