Ji Soo Yi, Ph.D.
Ji Soo earned a B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering at Seoul National University in 1998 and after graduation, worked in industry for five years as a consultant and embedded software engineer in Seoul and Boston where he became interested in human-computer interaction (HCI) research. In 2003, he joined the Center for Interactive Systems Engineering within the Health Systems Institute (formerly, Laboratory for Human-Computer Interaction and Health Care Informatics in the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering Department) at Georgia Tech as a Ph.D. student. While at Georgia Tech and HSI, he studied research topics including mobile computing, universal design, information visualization, and decision science; all of which are relevant to his continuous research question of how to harmonize computers with humans. Ji Soo Yi graduated with a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) in 2008 and shortly thereafter joined the School of Industrial and Engineering at Purdue University as an assistant professor.
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Ph.D., 2008, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Assistant Professor, School of Industrial and Engineering, Purdue University
- Insung Information, Co., Ltd: ERP consultant/programmer/DBA
- Mizi Research, Inc.: Embedded Linux developer
- Namo Interactive, Inc.: Application developer