Leanne Metcalfe, Ph.D.
Email Address: Contact Leanne Metcalfe
Leanne Metcalfe successfully completed her Ph.D. in Bioengineering with a minor in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech in July 2008. She had received her BE in Electrical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in the spring of 2000 and her MS in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech in 2002. Her research work involves analysis and future forecasting of disease burdens in employed and unemployed populations designing models to allow medical decision makers to choose methods of affecting the healthcare of their population.
Dr. Metcalfe's other research also included analysis of the implementation of a new electronic medical records (EMR) system at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) campuses in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Metcalfe also conducted "Trigger" analysis studies for CHOA as well as compliance analysis for the cystic fibrosis center.
Dr. Metcalfe is currently working with Comprehensive Health Services in Reston, VA and is also an Affiliate Researcher with the Health Systems Institute at Georgia Tech.
- PhD, 2008, Bioengineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (minor in Industrial Engineering) MS, 2002
- Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, BE, 2000
- Electrical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Comprehensive Health Services: Senior Financial Analyst
- Georgia Institute of Technology: Research Faculty
- Georgia Institute of Technology School of Biomedical Engineering: Research Assistant
- Georgia Institute of Technology President's Office: Conference Planner
- Merck and Company, Lansdale PA: Systems Analyst
- Bellcore (Now Telecordia) Morristown, NJ: Summer Intern