David Huang, Ph.D.
Email Address: Contact David Huang
David T. Huang graduated with a Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) in 2008. While at HSI, David participated in research projects involving global health and burden of disease, IT solutions for pediatric hospital quality and safety, and workforce health assessment. To complement his engineering studies at Georgia Tech, he took several classes at the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University and obtained an MPH at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston.
David's research interests lie at the intersection of public health and policy, statistics, and decision making. He currently works as an epidemiologist at the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics in Hyattsville, Maryland on statistical projects related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- B.S., 1998, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Math, Duke University
- M.S., 2000, Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.P.H., 2008, Quantitative Methods and Decision Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health
- Ph.D., 2008, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- IBM Corporation, Programmer
- Level 3 Communications, Inc, Technical Staff