Brani Vidakovic, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Biostatistics and Data Management
Professor, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering
Location: 828 West Peachtree Street, NW - 220E / UA Whitaker Biomedical Building - 2101
Email Address: Contact Brani Vidakovic
Personal Homepage: http://www.bme.gatech.edu/facultystaff/faculty_record.php?id=86
Brani Vidakovic is a Professor in Biostatistics. Dr. Vidakovic came to Georgia Tech from Duke University, where he had been an Assistant Professor and tenured Associate Professor. Dr. Vidakovic holds a Ph.D. in statistics from Purdue University.
Dr. Vidakovic's research interests include wavelets, Bayesian methodology and Statistics in Health and Medicine. He is an elected member of Internatioinal Statistical Institute and member of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, the American Statistical Association, and the international Society for Bayesian Analysis. He has authored or co-authored four books and numerous journal articles.
Areas of Research
- Wavelets, General Bayesian Statistical Methodology, Statistical Modeling and Simulation of High Frequency Data, Functional Data Analysis, Multiscale Statistical Modeling, Denoising, Assessment of Scaling, Analysis of Signals and Images, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Statistics of Turbulent Flows, Statistical Decision Theory
- Ph. D. Statistics, Purdue University, 1992
- M.S. University of Belgrade, 1981
- B.S. University of Belgrade, 1978
- 1992, I. W. Burr Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research and Consulting at Purdue University
- 2005-present, President Georgia Section of American Statistical Association.
- Elected Member of International Statistical Institute.
- An Editor-in-Chief of Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, Second Edition, Wiley.
- An Associate Editor of: Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Communications in Statistics, Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, and Bayesian Statistics.
Selected Research Publications
- Moloney, K., Shi, B., Leonard, K. V., Jacko, J., Vidakovic, B., and Sainfort, F., "Using multifractality for user classification: Dynamic pupil behavior affected by ocular pathology," To Appear in Special Issue of ACM Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction (TOCHI), 2005.
- Vidakovic, B., "Transforms in Statistics," Handbook of Computational Statistics Concepts and Methods Chapter II.7. Editors Gentle, J., Haerdle, W., and Mori, Y., Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, pp. 199?236, 2004.
- Vidakovic, B. and Ruggeri, F., "BAMS Method: Theory and Simulations," Sankhya, Series B, 63, (Special Issue on Wavelets), 234-249, 2001.
- Pensky, M. and Vidakovic, B., "Adaptive wavelet estimator for nonparametric density deconvolution," Annals of Statistics, 27, 2033-2053, 2000.
- Mueller, P. and Vidakovic, B (Editors), "Bayesian Inference in Wavelet Based Models," Lecture Notes in Statistics, 141, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1999.
- Vidakovic, B., "Nonlinear wavelet shrinkage with Bayes rules and Bayes factors," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 93, 173-179, 1988.
- Vidakovic, B., "Statistical Modeling by Wavelets," John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 384 pp, 1999.