- 1 A Little about Me
- 2 August 21, 2007 | Intro
- 3 August 23, 2007 | Julia Jones: CHOA
- 4 August 28, 2007 | Craig Zimring: Environments of Healing
- 5 August 30, 2007 | Hughes Spalding Site Visit
- 6 September 4, 2007 | Gerri Lamb: Patient-Centered Care Process
- 7 September 6, 2007 | Perkins+Will: Practical Innovation
A Little about Me
I am a fourth-year senior in Psychology and Architecture and I currently work on Dr. Lamb's research team over at Emory, where we are studying how nurses coordinate care in the hospital. I'm looking forward to graduating in the spring and I am truly excited about seeing how this class unfolds.
Outside of classes, I have been coaching youth soccer teams (with kids under the age of 6, yes...pure craziness!) for the past four years, as well as serving as an adviser to a freshmen leadership team, Freshman Activities Board (FAB). I also teach several fitness classes at our very own CRC, including cycling and cardio kickboxing.
My other interests include running, photography, reading the newspaper and perusing IKEA catalogs :) My email is ddutcher(a)gatech.edu.
August 21, 2007 | Intro
As the professors for this course were discussing their individual perspectives, some common themes about 'designing for children' rose to the forefront:
--Wide range of users: the range of users in a children's hospital includes both patients + families