Group members and e-mails
Pradnyesh Gore: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandar Samant: email@example.com
Problem statement - Elevator talk
• There is a lack of personal connect between the patients and the family members
• The emotional connection between the family and the patient cannot be neglected.
• Family members cannot remain by patient bedside always and might be subject to anxiety and stress
Description of the solution
1. Patient initiates communication with family members The patient is fully conscious and can initiate a communication channel with the family .
2. The family members initiates communication The family members can start the communication without the patient being actively involved or accepting the communication commencement
• The patient can enable or disable communication means depending on his or her level of comfort.
• The patient can request a interaction session with his or her family members. The family members should be able to take part in this interaction virtually irrespective of where they are.
• The family members should be able to view the patient even if the patient is in no way able to accept or initiate interaction with the family.
• The family members should be able to do this ,again irrespective of their location (even if they are not physically alongside the patient, or even in the hospital).
• This is the problem that is being focused on and explained in detail in further slides .
We have identified the following milestones:
• Technology survey (The technology advances, camera survey and other literature review)
• Feasibility study (Camera resolution desired, camera pan, sound levels, central control over the system etc)
• Communication Service Prototype (the one that will run at the family member’s end)
• Patient interface Prototype (the one that the patient will use to give him control over the desired levels of communication)
• Hospital and patient feedback
For the implementation we need at least one internet camera ( IP Camera )
A decent camera available in the market is
Panasonic BL-C101A Network camera or similar ( Cost $110 -120 )
Web Camera with audio input( as secondary cameras ) ( Cost $30-40)
We have an option of setting up systems with IP cameras that do no depend on any computer system for interface. However this might make out budget steep, we can expand the system with one IP cameras and additional simple and cheap external webcams that can be connected with computer systems connected to the local network. As of now we can use existing networks and computers to set up the system and therefore our budget currently includes only the cost for cameras and integrated audio devices .
Main faculty coach you request
We talked to Prof Ellen Yi-Luen Do and Prof Zimring regarding the project. So we request either of them to guide us since they are well acquainted with our problem statement and the way we propose to address it.
Draft outline of the final report
• Problem Statement
• Feasibility Study