Nosocomial Infection Control (NIC)
There are two ways that one could approach the Infection Control problem. We could attempt to change the environmentof the hospital to promote hand washing and proper infection control procedures or we could attempt to change care giver behavior. Our solution integrates both techniques by changing the environment to modify behavior.
- Provide subtle reminders with multiple ways to clean hands
- RFID triggers lighting cues for bed sanitizer and room sink
- RFID triggers vibrating reminder on "clean pocket"
- If a person does not use a solution within 15 seconds, reminders increase.
- Noncompliance noted if hands not sanitized before entering patient zone.