Issue 1 : Inventory Management
From Emergency Room of the Future
I. Statement of Problem
- The current tracking system for hospital supplies and stocking routines is not very productive and effective, resulting in loss of money from theft as well as being time-intensive. A proposal to improve this process is suggested. The new system should allow for easy tracking of supplies used/replaced and fast recognition of staff responsibility in the process.
II. Related Work
Research should be conducted in the areas of:
- Implementing automated inventory systems such as PYXIS and OMNICELL
- Incorporating different specialties supplies cart and bundling systems
- Investing in novel supplies transfer technologies, ex: conveyor belt system linking supplies room to patient room for faster and more convenient delivery
- Tracking the volume of supplies usage.
- Revenue generated from the new process implementation/money saved from theft
IV. References & Research