All Homework Assignments will be uploaded here. Please comeback later for more updates.
Week 1 (8/19, 8/21)
- First week's assignment (1) create a personal member pages, (2) upload your reflection piece - as web page or a pdf document, (3) upload your summary of ER/ED stories
- Each member should write a blog of their reflections after each day's class, how what they have learned that day (either from the lectures, readings, or case studies or from their team members or other disciplines), write about what's interesting, and what needs more clarification. Each person should also use their personal wiki page to add interesting readings, or annotated bibliography, post their sketches and ideas as well. Process is important, not just the final product. ;-)
Week 2 (8/26, 8/28)
- Take notes in the Site visits, and upload your report to the wiki site. You would present your observation Tuesday September 2nd.
Week 3 (9/2, 9/4)
- Please each group - create
* Group 1 - Allyn, Kapil, Sana, Deepa
- Coach - Mr. David Cowan
Issue 1 : Better Lighting in an ER Issue 2 : Positive Distraction for Patients Issue 3 : Waste Management Group 1- Presentation Group 1- Report
* Group 2
* Group 3 (Coach: Dr.Craig Zimring)
Members - Chung-Lun Kuo, Sushama Bhat, Brandon Thompson
Issue 1 : Hallway Beds Issue 2 : Ambulance Diversion Issue 3 : Records Management
Observations Sep. 19: Media:Problem presentation.ppt
- Coach: Jeremy
- Members - Caroline Castellino, Sarah Hilton, Hyorim Park
- Coach - Marvina
- Media:Observation Presentation.ppt
Issue 1 : Patient Expectation and Wait Time Issue 2 : Patient Privacy Issue 3 : ED Relations with the Rest of the Hospital
*- Members- Becky Halcik, Alicia Sanchez, and Neil Russel
- Coach: Marilyn
- Members: Kelly To, Ashlea Bennett, Girish Venkatesh, Denis Masse
- Coach: Dr. Ellen Do and Mrs. Marvina Williams
- Consulted Experts: Jamie York (Emory Healthcare ED Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org), Christie Sherman (Associate VP Schumacher Group, email@example.com)
Issue 1 : Inventory Management Issue 2 : Reduction of Patients' transportation time Issue 3 : Stress Reduction
Week 4 (9/9, 9/11)
- Joyce Bromberg lecture
Continue blogging - write down your reflections and ideas from the talks.
Week 5 (9/16, 9/18)
Prepare one presentation from each group about observations of the site visits. Please post a pdf document of the presentation on the web.
Prepare one presentation from each group about the project ideas that your group would like to take on in the design phase. The presentation will be the week of September 23.
Week 6 Project Development (9/23, 9/25)
9/23 Each team presents their observations (10 minutes) and put up issues descriptions as posters up on the wall
9/25 - home work
Each team should continue observations
(1) identify preferences of issues to work on for projects
(3) find at least 10 related literature, either evidence, benchmarking or best practices examples (look up Center of Health Design's evidence based design solutions or intentions for each problem, or information collected from site visit (you can include your site visit reports, that includes pictures, reflections and findings)
Week 7 (9/30, 10/2)
- After presentation and receiving feedback, each team should prepare at least two developed project proposals (solution proposals) to be presented 10/21. This should be a PPT presentation.
- For the December 2nd and 4th Open House, the projects would be presented in full scal mock-up for the visitors to interact and experience. Your projects need to be "tangible" and a "working prototype" that people can see, touch, feel, and experience.
- After 10/9 presentation, each person will send a document that includes (1) your first and second choice of project your want to work on for the rest of the semester, and (2) brief reasons and explanations why you should work on this project, and how you can contribute to this project.
- The instructors would look at everyone's document and assign them to projects.
- Then the new team should work on a more detailed project proposal, including material cost, timeline, etc to be presented in the following week 10/14
Week 8 (10/7, 10/9)
Week 9 (10/14, 10/16)
10/11-14 Fall Recess
10/16 Project presetation
Week 10 (10/21, 10/23)
10/21 2 page project proposal due - include material cost, and timeline schedule
Week 11 (10/28, 10/30)
Project presentation - 8 min - slides also turn in budget sheet
Week 12 (11/4, 11/6)
Week 13 Project Refinement (11/11, 11/13)
Week 14 (11/18, 11/20)
11/20 Mid Term review - each team should have a full working project for review. (that should be 80% complete as of the final project)
Week 15 (11/25, 11/27)
Dress Rehearsal, project brochure printed, poster printed
all before Thanksgiving break?
Week 16 (12/2, 12/4)
Final presentations (VIP & Public Open House)
Week 17 (12/9, 12/11)
Final documentation due 12/11