Georgia Tech Wiki for Emergency Room of the Future
COA 8823-DZ # 86392, HSI 8803 # 83637, and CS 8803 ERF # 88002
Part of the Healthcare Design of the Future Series
The main objective of this interdisciplinary course HS8803/COA8823/CS8803 is to design and develop the health care center of the future and specifically on designing the Emergency Room of the future. This course is sponsored by Perkins+Will, a globally recognized design and innovation firm and NCR, a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. .
Here is the course flyer * check out the "Current Events" tab on the left for a list of Course members.
The course is mainly intended for the students to
1. To experience and learn techniques for successful interdisciplinary design
2. To be exposed to the unique challenges of healthcare design
3. To learn the importance of environment in the healing process
4. To understand the roles and skills of multiple disciplines in the design process including: the architect, the systems engineer, computer/technology engineer, and the clinician
1. Jeremy Ackerman, MD PhD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Emory University
2. David Cowan, Program Director and Executive in Residence at HSI
3. Ellen Yi-Luen Do, PhD. Professor, Joint Appointments in School of Industrial Design & School of Interactive Computing
4. Craig Zimring, PhD. Professor of architecture and Psychology
HS8803/COA8823/CS8803 carries 3.000 credit hours of Lecture and is jointly handled by the Health Systems Institute at Georgia Tech and the College of Architecture at Georgia Tech, Atlanta. Please read the Georgia Tech's Course Critique tool for a clear idea about the scores earned by the students in the previous semesters.
Schedule First part of the class is scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4.30 - 6.00 pm in the Management Building 224. Please consult Georgia Tech Map for the exact location. Second part of the class for Design Build is in the Health Systems Institute, 822 West Peachtree Street HSI location map
For weekly schedule, check out the Course Syllabus on the left.
Please put member page on the Course Members page on the left.
Please put Project teams pages on the Project link on the left.